Vaaka is a first of its kind kayak cadence sensor which enables paddlers to see their real-time strokes per minute while in the boat. It communicates directly with not only Garmin’s forerunner and Edge GPS watches but also any device that receives and interprets ANT+ wireless technology. Vaaka is light weight (55g) easily attaches in seconds onto any paddle, split or one piece and starts transmitting cadence information as soon as it starts moving.
So what is so great about Vaaka?
- Ease of use with quick attachment to paddle and easy transfer to alternative paddles when required
- Real time cadence feedback while paddling
- Integration with ANT+ compliant sports GPS watches such as Garmin and Timex
- Ability to combine cadence with GPS data such as speed and distance and with other ANT+ data such as heart rate
- Hassle free function. Once paired with your ANT+ device will turn itself on and off automatically
- Very low power usage. With daily use, one standard AAA alkaline battery will last up to a year
- Incredibly durable waterproof casing, engineered to withstand UV, sweat and saltwater
What are the real world applications for this type of technology?
- Ability to structure training sessions around cadence
- Use of kayak cadence to identify training intensity with correlation to heart rate and perceived exertion
- Use of cadence feedback to develop ‘quick arms’ and the ability to sustain higher cadence paddling
- Use of cadence data to slow the paddling stroke while maintaining speed for improved efficiency
- Logged data for post training analysis
In recent years coaches in various sports have start to understand the importance of cadence and performance. By controlling your cadence you can achieve optimal efficiency in power and endurance; paddle fast and you exhaust your aerobic capacity, paddle slow and you create high muscular load causing fatigue.
By controlling your cadence and analysing your boat speed (GPS devices provide this **) inferences can be made about the benefit of changes in technique and equipment. This indirect analysis gives results based feedback of any changes you make as well as a comparison between different athlete characteristics.
For information about Vaaka contact: email@example.com